A book is one of the most ancient sources of passing knowledge from a generation to another one. It seems that a book will always be in trend. No matter what happens, what modern technologies would be invented, reading a book will always be honored. It seems that the humanity will never reject it.
Of course, all of us know about a great variety of different genres of books, as well as of the types. A coloring book is one of them. There are various types of coloring books. For example, there is a coloring book for adults. Yes, you’ve read everything correctly and should not be surprised. In fact, this is not a popular trend. Nevertheless, some people still do not know that such book type is appointed for adults.
It goes beyond all doubts that the purposes for coloring books for children and the grown-ups are different. In comparison to children, adults do not use it just for having a fun coloring various pictures. Though, some grown-ups really adore such activity. Nonetheless, it is commonly used as a therapy. This is an art therapy, and it has multiple benefits.
The American Art Therapy Association claims that coloring helps overcome multiple mental problems and deviations. It develops social skills, sustains self-confidence and awareness, decreases anxiety and stress, as well as increases self-esteem. However, these are only a few facts that were proven by various studies. We can name at least 10 great benefits that can be achieved by adults thanks to a coloring book, which were proved by various studies in different parts of the globe. Let’s have a closer look at them.
- Lessening of stress. The studies concerning a positive impact on the stress decrease were started in the first half of the 20th century. Today, there are numerous proofs that a coloring book is able to significantly reduce stress, make a person calmer and develops self-control.
- Activation of both parts of the cerebral hemisphere. It is well-known fact that talented people who adore drawing, painting and similar activities actively use the right cerebral hemisphere. The coloring triggers the receptors of both parts. It involves creativity and logic. When considering the logic pattern, one should speak of a proper choice of colors for a particular picture or shape. You use the analytical part of your cerebrum. The combination and matching of colors require creativity. In such a way, you use both cerebral hemispheres.
- Back to childhood. As it has been mentioned above, coloring also brings pleasurable feelings and emotions that are associated with our childhood. It reminisces of happy memories. This makes us happier, more optimistic, dynamic and reduces stress.
- Meditative effects. The coloring is similar to a meditation. During a meditation, we concentrate on the search for harmony, peace, and balance in our life. It makes us calmer and promotes self-control. Coloring acts in a very similar way. It helps de-concentrate and relax. It lessens nerve tension and gives some rest to your mind. You become more focused, determined and attentive.
- Lessening of anxiety. The coloring is likewise beneficial for people who suffer from an increased anxiety. The state of anxiety is pretty harmful to the central nervous system. It leads to suicidal thoughts and actions, induces some behavioral deviations and such physical problems like nausea, migraines, chills, troubles with sleep and so on. The coloring of pages for adults brings them relaxation and may treat various mental complications and deviations.
- Deepening in your “Self”. Through the art of coloring, adults may re-discover themselves. Thanks to this activity, people may get out of their routines. Having a similarity to meditations, adults get busy only with their own thoughts. They reflect their previous deeds and behavior and think how to improve the quality of their lives. There are multiple psychological cases when the patients reported about new discoveries because people delved deeper in their alter egos.
- Treating some diseases. There is a pretty surprising help for people who suffer from epilepsy. There are many stories when drawing with a colorful pen or pencil helped handle the epileptic attacks. Afterward, people started enjoying this process.
- Sustaining creativity. Coloring stimulates the creative skills in adults. It has been already said that the action of coloring includes the work of creativity. Many people get inspired thanks to coloring pages. Afterward, they use that powerful spark of inspiration in their routines and jobs.
- Interacting with the “Inner Child”. All of us are young in our hearts. Various mental therapies are targeted at revealing the so-called “Inner Child” to overcome multiple psychological issues. People return to the childhood and live through some pleasant and happy days they had. They become filled with love, innocence, security, calmness, and something of the kind. Coloring promotes the same feelings. As a result, people cope with stress easier, get rid of fear, and become more self-confident.
- Promoting peace. Finally, coloring the pages of a coloring book helps to find the inner harmony. While doing this activity, people get into the world of imagination and travel somewhere far away to the places of peace and rest. People become more patient and comfortable.
As you can see, a coloring book brings many benefits and may become your great helper. With its help, you can run away from your problems and later, return more determined and self-confident to cope with them.
Consequently, you should start this helpful and pleasant activity. How to get started? In the occasion, you are dealing with some serious emotional problems art therapy may be the best method of reducing them. While coloring your book or even an online page, think about your problems and imagining that you resolve them with this activity. Mix the colors and create the perfect image that will contribute to your bright and happy future.
This is a great activity, which can entertain you and decrease nerve tension. We hope, a coloring book for adults along with gel pens will bring you a lot of inspiration and joy!